Hedgehog Knits

Adventures in knitting from the eastern edge of Canada.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Descent into dishrags

I would appear that I have been neglecting the blog again. Summer is flying by all too quickly, and I'm busy trying to soak up every last minute of it.

I haven't updated on any of my knitting projects in a long time. My Ivy League vest is still not steeked. It seems that I made it almost to the top, keeping track of increasing and decreasing for the the waist, while at the same time adding steeks and related decreases for the necka nd armholes, and feeling all proud of myself thinking I was almost done, and then realized that I forgot about the steek at the back of the neck, and I had no idea what row I was on any more, and I decided that I needed a break from Fair Isle. Perhaps I'll pick it up again soon as the weather cools off. It won't be long now before I'll be wanting to wear a wool vest.

After than, I descended into a bit of a rut. I joined Facebook (finally!), so that ate up a week while I went through the big high school/undergrad/grad school reunion experience that is the typical first week of Facebook membership (when did everyone I went to school with start having kids anyway?!) I've had a lot of things going on, and my brain wasn't able to process anything more complicated than a dishrag. So I knit up a dozen or so.


This week, I'm taking a bit of a "staycation", with a week off work and very little planned. As a result, I've finished up a baby cardigan, started a new lace project, and put in some serious work on my "Box of Chocolates" quilt: 29 out of 42 squares completed, and looking awesome.

So evidently, I'm back on track, and ready for some new challenges.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

What a very productive descent! Enjoy your week

2:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home